ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

Dad Can Do
I am so excited! I just signed up at Dad Can Do, a very cool site dedicated to help dads connect with their children by offering tons of craft/project ideas that dads can do with their children.

More specifically, Chris Barnardo runs the site and, in his words:

Dadcando.com is intended to be a resource resource for all dads, but with a special emphasis on helping the single and or non-resident fathers who have contact with their children (non-resident fathers are those who are separated, divorced or widowed, who live apart from their partner and do not have their children to live with them).
Though I am a married mother, my father had children from a previous marriage that I know he wished he'd been closer to before he passed. So, I find this to be a site and a cause, if you will, that is well worth supporting.

Of course, that is not the only reason to love this site. From a crafter's point of view, the project ideas are awesome. I originally happened upon it while looking for ideas for my Harry Potter Party and was blown away by the originality. I, honestly, looked everywhere for ideas and found that the ideas here were on a whole other level. Here are a couple examples of what I'm talking about:





Lumos Wand

& Box



Of course, projects are not limited to Harry Potter theme, there's Prince Caspian's Sword from C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia, a papier mâché robot head from the movie Robots, an alethiometer from Golden Compass. Then there's spaceships and rockets and all kinds of paper plane designs.

My newest project happens to be a dinosaur party for my son and there's some great dragon stuff that I think could easily be tweaked for dinosaurs. For example:




This is just a taste of what this site has to offer. Dad Can Do also has recipes and party planning tips. It really is a must see site. I promise you will end up bookmarking this one.
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin