ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

Love in the Time of Cholera (movie)
Much like with No Country for Old Men, I thought Javier Bardem's performance made the movie for me. The story itself is a solid love story but not realistic. In real life, if a man follows and obsesses over you for 50 years, then he's a stalker. There's nothing romantic about stalkers. However, movies aren't meant to be realistic. They're meant to remove you from "real life" and this movie did that. I found myself immersed in it's sadness.

I have to say though, that I much prefer movies where the love is so great that the person lets the other go. I know it's cliche but if you love them, let them go and if they come back then it was meant to be. Bardem's character never really let her go. Instead, he became tortured by the struggle to hang onto her.

Though also very unrealistic, one love story that I love is Always with Richard Dreyfuss and Holly Hunter. In it, Dreyfuss' character has to let Hunter's character go after he dies. Like I said it's unrealistic but in the end, he's able to let her go so that she can be happy with someone else. That is true love in my book.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin