ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

My Son's Dino Party
Well, my son's b-day was over the weekend and I thought I'd share some highlights:

My husband chalked dino prints and made some different direction signs (Bedrock, Jurassic Park, etc) to welcome our guests. This was a last minute idea so we didn't go to much trouble over it.

We went ahead and did the dino balloons that I posted on before. I loved the way they turned out!


My husband made an active volcano, which I plan on giving more of a detailed description in a post to come.

I did the dragon turned dino eggs from Dad Can Do out of Easter eggs and matte spray paint. We then decorated a box lid with plastic bags to try and contain the liquid when the volcano erupted. We spray painted the bags to look like camo.

I used drink holders to hold the silverware, complete with dino wraps I made and scrapbook paper cut to look like grass. I knew those decorative scissors would come in handy one day.

Okay, so then I decided to paper mache some giant bones. This turned out to be a horrible idea. It was too heavy when wet and ended up collapsing. So, I started over with newspaper wrapped around wood sticks. Then I taped it like nobody's business and painted. I would have aged it, but by that time I was ready to be done with that project. I cut leis to look like vines and topped off with 12 x 12 cardstock cut to look like leaves.

Just a side note, I tried to do the origami dinos and that is, along with paper mache, not my thing.

Cake wise, we had 3 again this year. This first one was the one I wanted, but I had my sister make it because I'm not a baker either. Here's the instructions from Family Fun. Note that my sister said the bones aren't as easy to do as it seems.

My mother-in-law made the other two. She spread coconut around with green frosting at the base. I thought that was a nice touch.

The frosting on these was amazing.

Anyway, that's the gist of it. I thought it went well. I originally had a lot more planned and probably would have stressed more over it had he been older, but this was good for his age I think. Of course, I know a 2 year old doesn't really care either way, but I like doing it.

Is it bad that I already know what I want to do for him next year?

0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin