ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

Valentine's Day Revisited
Not to brag too much, but my husband and I tend to be pretty romantic and I'd like to think pretty inventive. Thus, we've had some pretty decent gifts in the past. For instance, I found the pic below on NASA's site. It's an actual picture of the night we met.

The site described it as:
Sometimes it's night on the ground but day in the air. As the Earth rotates to eclipse the Sun, sunset rises up from the ground. Therefore, at sunset on the ground, sunlight still shines on clouds above. Under usual circumstances, a pretty sunset might be visible, but unusual noctilucent clouds float so high up they can be seen well after dark. Pictured above, a network of noctilucent clouds casts a colorful but eerie glow visible above the dark. Although noctilucent clouds are thought to be composed of small ice-coated particles, much remains unknown about them.
I changed the wording, added the text to the picture, mounted it on a canvas I had, then I did my best to paint the sides to match.

He loved it, and not just a husband pretending to like something because he's been married long enough to know how to react; but I really do think he appreciated the originality of it.

Now, he is romantic too and at all the right times. That means, not just on Valentine's Day. Sorry fellas, but you got to step up your game if you want to even compare. Ladies, my husband once sent me a huge basket of assorted chocolate desserts...why? He knew my period was coming. I know how that sounds, maybe I should have been offended, but it still sticks out as one of the best gifts I ever got. What can I say? I loves me some chocolate.

He knows that I get down when the sun isn't out, which is why I had to move from Washington state. Anyway, he made me a sun that he hung on our window. It's still there, years later. The sweetest thing he ever did though, even sweeter than the chocolate, was when I was grieving over my father's death. I was in a horrible state and I told him that if our relationship was a plant, I was afraid it would die because I couldn't take care of it at that point. The next day, he brought me home a cactus. Nuff said.
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin