ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

What's Happening to Commercials?
I've had it, I have to say something about all these herpes commercials I see every day now. First off, if I have herpes, I'm just going to take what the doctor gives me. Why are they trying to sell us on what medicine to use. That goes for all these commercials telling us to ask our doctors about so and so. Hey, how `bout I just trust my doctor's opinion based on your medical degree and not give suggestions on what I think would be best based on a commercial?

Second, these herpes commercials actually say "I'm not going to let herpes slow me down". Well, maybe you should. Maybe your inability to slow down is what got you herpes in the first place. I don't know, it's just a guess. If I got herpes, I'm slowing to a stop and looking at my life a little, that's all I'm saying.

Then, on top of that, they have the partner(probably one of many) who comes on and says, "just because she has herpes doesn't mean I have to". Okay, so you're either a carrier or your girl is not so faithful. Either way, it's not good.

Another series of ridiculous commercials is the phone sex, I mean "call a friend" commercials. People you have to know the girls don't look like that right? Have you not seen the documentaries that are probably on at the same time on another channel showing the real girls who work at those things? It's false advertising but hey, what isn't nowadays?

One thing that isn't false advertising is the match making commercials where they show the rejects from the big match making services. "I just don't understand why they rejected me, but their loss is your gain. Meet me here, at www..." What the ...? Who is gonna want to meet these people? I'm guessing you were rejected for a reason and I don't want to find out what it is.

It's crazy. I think now that people have Tivo, advertisers think they can say what they want because no one's watching anyway. I only happen upon these in desperate times, when there is nothing on Tivo. Those are sad, sad times.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin