ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

Batman: The Dark Knight & Hellboy II
Wow! I don't know how many ways you can say awesome but it wouldn't be enough to describe this movie. I, honestly, do not believe anyone walked out of that theater disappointed with any part of this movie. The story was good, the action was good, the directing was good, the acting was amazing.

Heath Ledger, God rest his soul, deserves an Oscar for his performance as one of the most disturbing Jokers; and one of the most disturbing villains ever, for that matter, in any movie, comic related or not.

This, unlike most Batman movies, really revolves around the Joker more than Batman himself. It's not about the fancy gadgets or the well choreographed fight scenes. It really is about the insanity that is the Joker.

I'm going to be honest and say that I didn't know about Heath Ledger playing the part when I first heard it; and then, when he passed, I didn't know if I even wanted to see it because I thought it would be to bitter sweet. I am just so glad that I went, I saw and I was amazed. Just like with his performance in Brokeback, Heath proved that he is/was more than a pretty face.

I'm not sure what they're going to do with the 3rd movie, whether they'll bring in a new actor, or write the Joker out altogether. I just can't imagine anyone else playing it as well.


I don't love the Hellboy movies, but I think the first was better than the second. I liked the bad guy in the first better. They changed things in the second movie, for what reasons I don't know. Voices were different, the look was different. There were some cheesy scenes with Hellboy as a child.

I'm guessing that if you liked the first, you'll probably like this one too. I just thought it was okay. Nothing great.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin