ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

Wii Fit Review
I've written before about my quest to lose weight. It's not going so great right now because, as much as I want to be motivated, I'm just not. The last thing I want to do in the world is hit the dreaded treadmill.

So, I've been trying to think of ways to get my exercise without feeling like I'm exercising. DDR has been great. If not for that, I may not get any exercise other than cleaning and chasing my baby around.

Now, however, Wii has released Wii Fit as well. I was a little hesitant about getting it at first because it does look more like another piece of exercise equipment than a game. Then my husband told me that they're making other games for the board and so I figured we'd end up getting it eventually anyway and might as well take the plunge now just to see if I like it.
In the Wii Fit game, you take a body test first that measures your BMI among other things and then gives you an "age" based on those things. It's too depressing to even say what my age is. I tried not to let it get me down though because these are things I already knew I needed to work on.


The game lets you keep track of progress as you try and meet goals you set for yourself based on what the game tells you is a healthy score. You're then giving a trainer to work with and you start "training".


There are four modes in which to train: yoga, balance, strength, and aerobics. There are several games within each mode, including things like hula hoop(which I am the master at in real life), and soccer, skiing, running, etc. The more you play, the more time you collect and thus the more games you unlock.

PROS: I like the games. I like that the games guide you, showing you how to do the movements properly, helping you find your center of balance.

I liked that you can do the games without getting too much of a sweat. I don't like playing games that I need to shower after playing. While it might be great for losing weight, it keeps you from playing with others.

CONS: What I don't like is that if you want to play with others, you have to keep going out of the game to a plaza to switch miis. It's really inconvenient. You really should just play one person at a time.

I also don't like that the games are really short. I think you do the ski jump twice and then you're on to the next game.

All in all though, I'm glad we got it. I'll let you know if it helps me lose any weight.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin