ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

The Happening & Iron Man: Movie Reviews
My husband and I went out to see a couple movies over the weekend, one of which I was very excited about, The Happening and one that was more for my husband, Iron Man.

I purposely hadn't listened to any reviews of M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening because I knew I'd see it no matter what. M. Night Shyamalan has gotten some harsh criticism in the past for movies like Lady in the Water, but I've always loved his stuff. In fact, he's 3rd On My Lists for best director. This movie, however, is the exception.

While there were many reasons why the movie sucked, I'd have to say the main reason I didn't care for it was the acting. Zooey Deschanel had already proven herself to be a horrible actress in the tv mini series, Tin Man; but I usually like Mark Wahlberg. This was the first time I noticed what an incredibly bad actor he is. The movie did have John Leguizamo, who I like, but he was only in it for a very short period.

After he was gone, we were left with some ridiculous excuse for a love story between these two horrible actors, given a horrible script and I started to wonder if M. Night did this on purpose. Surely, if one of his movies sucked, it's because he planned it that way. Maybe it's supposed to seem absurd, resembling some older absurd movies that he was fond of. I mean it's possible, right? I don't know, I just know that it was bad people, bad! I am so disappointed. Speaking as a M. Night Shyamalan fan, don't waste your money.


Iron Man, on the other hand, saved the day. This movie rocked! Robert Downey Jr. was made to play this part. I can't imagine anyone else doing it as well.

As far as the storyline, I didn't know much about Iron Man other than what my husband told me, so I just assumed it would be yet another superhero movie. To my surprise, it was pretty believable. Unlike a man getting bit by a spider or falling from another planet, a billionaire genius could build a suit that could fly and be used to defend our country. At least I thought so until I wrote it down. Now it just seems far fetched.

It really is good though. Contrary to how it may seem, I do tend to like the superhero movies, with the exception of The Hulk. Why they are making another one when they just made one five minutes ago that sucked royally, I have no idea. That aside, Iron Man was good just as an action movie, superhero aside, for those of you who don't like comic book movies.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin