ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

The Baby Borrowers: Entertaining and Educational
The Baby Borrowers premiered June 25th. For those who don't know, the premise is this:

NBC's reality series "The Baby Borrowers" is an intriguing new social experiment based on the hit British program that asks five diverse teenage couples -- ages 18-20 -- to fast-track to adulthood by setting up a home, getting a job and becoming caring parents first to babies, toddlers, pre-teens and their pets, teenagers and senior citizens -- all over the course of three weeks.
At first, I couldn't understand why the parents would hand their babies over to these teens, but the parents actually get to monitor the couples and step in when they need to. There is also a person in the home who watches in case of an emergency. Once I learned that, I was at ease and ready to watch the drama unfold. That it did. These kids had no idea what they were in for.

First, they show the couples giving their comments about how easy they think it will be, with visions of playing house in their pubescent minds. Then, the first day, one girl breaks down because she doesn't want to wear a pregnancy suit. Another tells a baby he can just starve because he isn't eating, only to be confronted with the child's mother who tells the girl that's not how it works. It was pretty entertaining to say the least.

Entertainment aside, I just can't say enough about how good of an idea I think this is. I mean when we have cases of young girls forming pregnancy pacts like that in the Massachusetts High School, then I think it's time we do something to really address the issue of teen pregnancy. Heck, I'm 30 with my first baby and it's pretty overwhelming. I can't imagine doing this in my teens.

The next episode is on July 2nd 9/8C. I suggest you tune in, especially if you have teens. Make sure they watch. It's educational, believe me.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin