ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

Walgreens keeps pulling me back
I have been having so many problems with Walgreens lately that it's made me think twice about going back. First they had a deal a couple weeks ago where you could choose any 9 items listed over 3 pages and get $20 back in Register Rewards (money for next time). Well, it only printed $10. Then I had a manager try and tell me that I had to buy 9 of the same item to get the deal. I stood there and argued with her but she kept talking to me like I was an idiot, so I decided to do what she said. I had 7 of the same item anyway. So I exchanged the other 2 for 2 more of the one item and got 9 things of toothpaste. Guess what. It still only printed $10 so she felt like an idiot, but I got my $20 and I wrote Walgreens when I got home to complain. They ended up sending me a $20 gift card for the inconvenience.

So, then I went back the next week and there was a coupon on an item that I bought. The guy scans it but it didn't work. Rather than punch it in, he puts it aside and says "eh, it doesn't work". So, I returned the item on principle. Of course, I could have called up a manager but it would have been the same lovely lady who didn't know what the heck she was talking about last time so I didn't bother.

Then, my last trip, they rang 2 items up wrong and so I need to go back to get that fixed. All this would make you think either 1. I should go to a different Walgreens or 2. stop going all together. I know many other shoppers have stopped shopping at Walgreens for these exact reasons. As for me, 1. gas is too expensive for me to drive to another Walgreens. Any money I'd save would go right in my tank. 2. I cannot pass up a bargain, even if it is a hassle.

**Hot Deal** Today, for instance, Walgreens has a $5 off $20 purchase coupon you can get here. I'm not sure what I'm going to get but I just gotta go there, otherwise, it's like losing $5.

Even with the problems I've been having with them, I got all the stuff in the picture for $4.49. Here's how:

8 Chef Boyardee for $10 - $5 rebate = $5
9 Crest TP for $22.50 - $1.75 in coupons - $20 gift card = $.75
WG Maxi Pads for $1.99 - $1.99 rebate = FREE
WG light bulbs for $1.69 - $1.69 rebate = FREE
2 colgate TB for $8.98 - $2 coupons - $8.98 rebates = $2 PROFIT
Ivory Soap $.99 - $.25 coupon = $.74
Free 8 x 10 for Mother's Day

To answer your question, yes, I do need 9 things of toothpaste to go on top of an already huge stockpile. Hey, they were $.75. How can I pass that up?
2 Responses
  1. AudreyO Says:

    Hi,

    I'm Audrey. I found you through MommyFest. Though it's over, I'm loving still reading blogs and meeting others.

    I so relate to your post. I can share horror stories from so many different retail stores. Sometimes managers are helpful and sometimes they are worse than the clerks LOL. I loved your post.

    If you're saving money, keep going back. Keep writng and keep getting what you're owed :)


  2. Don't forget:
    You can post your hot deals that you scored at ANY drugstore at my blog for "Drugstore Divas" or your CVS finds at "CVS Superstars!"

    Can't wait to see you there (on Friday nights - Saturdays)

    Denise
    The "Cent"sible Sawyer


Blog Widget by LinkWithin