ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

My April Savings Total @ CVS & Walgreens
I just totaled my savings from CVS and Walgreens for the month of April. Through rebates, CVS' Extra Care Bucks, Walgreens Register Rewards, and coupons, I got 44 items for free! Everything from lotion, toothpaste, deodorant, hair dye, cereal, headache and allergy medicine. This was actually a slow month because I've been so busy the last 2 weeks, I wasn't able to even go shopping for new items to add to my already long list.

You may be wondering how I did it. Well, there are tons of blogs that help explain it better than I can, but I'll give it a try. CVS offers what they call "Extra Care Bucks" or ECB's, and Walgreens offers the equivalent that they call "Register Rewards". Basically, this is money back for specified products that you can then use on your next visit at that store. So, they're ensuring that you have to come back to their store.

The products change every week/month and you combine them with rebates and/or coupons in order to get them for little to nothing, literally nothing or sometimes even making a profit.

For instance, right now, at CVS, they have One Touch Glucose Monitors on sale for $29.99. Inside the boxes, there are manufacturer rebates for the purchase price, so $29.99, making it free. On top of that, there were $20 coupons for this item in last Sunday's paper. I bought the monitor for $29.99 - $20 coupon= $9.99 and I'll get the rebate for $29.99 for a profit of $20. That's just one situation..

Other resources on this topic:
slickdeals.net
Be Thrifty Like Us
BeCentsAble

There are many more. I will try and list them in my blogroll. One thing you'll see on these other sites is that a lot of them print their coupons from home. They can make for some great deals, so it's worth checking around.
2 Responses
  1. Jose Says:

    I used to be good at scoping this sales, but now most of the stuff with good coupons and rebates are not good for us. Ever since the kids left our expenses dropped drastically. lol


  2. callmekelly Says:

    Well, I'm just getting started with a family. Hence I need to save money where I can.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin