ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

Feed via Feedburner
Yesterday, I signed up at Feedburner.com. Honestly, feed is a whole area that I get when I read about it but I'm not going to pretend to understand it enough to try and explain it to anyone else. Google has a Feed 101 article that I suggest reading. It helped me.

For those who don't care to go read a long article, I will say this. The short of it is that by having your site's feed available to others, it allows them to subscribe to your blog. That means that they can get updates and information from your blog without having to go back and check your blog everyday. Instead, they can get your new posts through their email, "mobile devices" or they can post it on their site. So, it's a good thing to provide for others because you want subscribers. What good is a blog if no one reads it?

Blogger does provide you with your feed but Feedburner gives you some bonus features including data showing you "how many subscribers you have, where they're coming from and what they like best".

It is super easy. You just set up an account with Feedburner and then put in your blog's url address. They give you your feed address that you then put in your blog "settings" under "site feed". You'll see "Post Feed Redirect URL" and that's where you put the new feed address.

Once you've done that, you should create a "chicklet", universal feed icon (the orange square by "Subscribe in a reader" to the side). They'll put the icon right on the blog for you.

While I was there I also signed up for the email subscription so that subscribers can get my blog via their email. Feedburner simply gives you the code that you can stick anywhere on your blog and it produces a subscription box like the one to the side. It's as easy as that.

If you do have any problems, please let me know and I'll try my best to help. Also, don't forget to subscribe to my blog if you find it helpful.
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin