ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

Ranting again: American Idol
I haven't ranted in awhile now. I thought I might have to change my blog name. Turns out I just had to wait for American Idol to start again. Oh man, where do I start?

First off, I cannot stand the new judge, Kara DioGuardi. I hate how she talks about things like her word is golden. Even more than Simon, she acts like everything she says is fact. I don't understand what she's adding to the show, except some possible drama. Let me tell you, I am sick of the drama. I want to watch people sing. If I want drama, I'll watch soap operas.

I have looked up some of the songs Kara's written on her site and she has some decent stuff--she needs to stick to that.

Secondly, I'm sick of Simon. I used to trust his opinion, but after bikini girl, forget about it. His opinion, to me, is no longer relevant. He's been doing this show long enough that he should know that it isn't all about looks anymore. American Idol allows us to get to know the singer's stories and personalities; because of that, the Ruben Studdards and the Clay Aikens of the world have a chance. So, don't insult us by throwing someone like bikini girl at us.

Now, I'm not saying she was horrible, but don't send her through and then say "no" to Nick Mitchell/ Norman Gentle. I'm speaking about Simon, of course. Luckily, the others have sent him through, as they should, because he can sing. Normally, I wouldn't think I would love someone so overly dramatic, but after he insulted Simon, he won me over. If he continues the way he's begun, I intend on voting for him all the way. Though, I do really like Danny Gokey too.

Oh don't worry, bikini girl will land on her feet. Apparently, she's going to pose in Playboy. Her father must be so proud, but something tells me he may not have had a big role in her life. If he had, maybe she wouldn't think she has to exploit herself the way she has. Talent is enough, no matter what Simon thinks.

Finally, we come to Tatiana Del Toro from Puerto Rico. The fact that she says "Puerto Rico" with an accent but nothing else is like a pet peeve for me. Either you have an accent or you don't.

Oh if that were the only thing that got on my nerves with this girl, but it's not even close. I don't know if I've ever seen someone so fake in my life. Like I, honestly, question if she's all there because no one acts like that. The scary thing is she'll probably stick around because of all those people out there who vote for the worst. Now, I don't know that her voice is bad, no one's should be bad at this point. I just can't stand to watch her long enough to hear her voice. I have to fast forward.

I don't know how I'm even going to get through this season. Hope it gets better, is all I can say.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin