ABOUT ME

My Blogs allow me to rant and rave about movies, scrapbooking, motherhood, saving money, and whatever else I'd like. I'm finding it to be a great release for me. I hope that others enjoy it as well.


Click my name to find out fun facts about Moi

Shower Curtains as Weed Guards
I saw a post at Frugal Village about truly frugal ideas. One of which was using old shower curtains as weed guards. Now, I'm not sure about this, but I just happen to be re-doing my yard's landscaping (which is why I haven't been posting as much by the way). Being a frugal person, I'm, of course, looking for any way I can find to cut down on the expenses because it really adds up. So, I'm going to try it, punching holes manually with a needle for drainage purposes.

My only concern is what impact there is on the environment, but I figure these curtains will stay in the landfill otherwise, so what's the difference? At least this is a form of recycling, right? At least that's what I'm going to tell myself to make me feel better about it.

I know I had read somewhere about how to get free rock for your yard, but I can't remember where and I'm really wishing I could. If anybody knows, please let me know. Mind you, gardening tips are lost on me because I do not have a green thumb, which is why I'm putting in rock in the first place.
0 Responses
Blog Widget by LinkWithin